Kambo Healing treatments offered– Individual and group ceremonies.
If it is your first time working with Kambo, we use the traditional standard treatment. A test point is also used to monitor your initial reaction and to determine how much Kambo is going to be given (this is a safe practice for your first time taking Kambo).
-Traditional kambo treatments
The traditional treatment used by the tribes in the amazon. The medicine is applied to the left arm for men and right leg for women. It possible for women to receive Kambo on the left arm during the first treatment if they prefer.
-Acupuncture meridian treatments
By applying Kambo to specific acupuncture points we are able to work directly with internal organs and address several types of issues.
Working with the seven energy centres of the body we can free up major energetic blockages in the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual bodies.
-Auricular ear kambo
Working with acupuncture systems of the ear from both the chinese systems and those developed by Dr Paul Nosier enables many of the areas of the body to be targeted just from the ear itself, as the ears are said to be a microcosm of the body.
-Intensive/Long Term Kambo treatments
Specialized treatments for serious health conditions, chronic health conditions, and intense treatments; these involve consultation and planning.
Role of the Kambo Pratitioner:
- My role in facilitating your Kambo ceremony is to keep you safe, hold space for you and allow you to process the Kambo medicine.
How Kambo is administered:
- Kambo is delivered into the lymphatic system by way of making small burns on the skin, called gates. The Kambo is then applied to the open gates on the skin. Kambo is left on the skin for 20-40 minutes, depending on when the persons process is complete.
Contraidications to Kambo:
Kambo is very safe when administered properly by a trained practitioner. Below is a list of people who cannot receive a Kambo treatment:
- People under 18 years of age.
- Pregnant or suspect they may be so.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding babies under the age of 6 months old.
- Serious heart issues.
- Taking medication for low blood pressure.
- Anyone who has had a Stroke, Aneurysm, Blood clots or Bleeding in the brain
- Lack the mental capacity to decide to take Kambo
- People taking medication for psychological reasons (except anti-depressants) need to discuss suitability in advance.
- Within 28 days of taking Bufo Alvarius medicine
- Serious mental health problems excluding depression, PTSD and anxiety.
- Taking immune-suppressants for organ transplant.
- Addison’s disease
- Current and severe Epilepsy.
- Recovering from a major surgical procedure.
- Anyone undergoing chemotherapy (must wait 4 weeks once treatment has stopped).
Below is a list of people who we need to discuss in more detail:
- If you are taking or have been taking any medications
- Women undergoing fertility treatment
- Serious eating disorders.
- Active drug or alcohol addiction.
- People taking regular high doses of slimming, serotonin and/or sleeping supplements.
- Anyone who has fasted for 7 days before Kambo, or done colonics, enemas, liver flushes, juice or water fasting within 3 days either side of taking Kambo.
- You are or have ever been bulimic or anorexic.
- You are taking or have recently stopped taking any medications.
- You are taking or have recently stopped taking any diet/slimming pills.
- You regularly consume anti-diuretic medication or sports drinks.
- You have abnormally high or low blood pressure.
- You are epileptic.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- We strongly advise against enemas, colonics, liver flushes or any water based detox within 3 days either side of taking Kambo.
- People with asthma need to bring their inhaler with them.
- Diabetics need to bring insulin, testing strips and extra food.
- Menstruation flow may increase for 24 – 36 hours following the Kambo treatment.
- It is completely safe to continue to take any other medication, however please discuss this beforehand.
We also strongly advise that you DO NOT consume more than 4 litres of water during a single treatment ( including 2 hours before and after).
Preparing for Your Kambo ceremony
The Days Before: Eat as wholesome and clean as possible in the days leading up to your Kambo ceremony. Diminish or eliminate fried food, over processed food and alcohol. Drink plenty of water so that your tissues are hydrated. Do not consume alcohol or recreational drugs for 24 hours prior to your session.
Do not eat at least 12 hours before ceremony.
Day Of: The day of the ceremony you will fast from food. You should not have eaten for 12 hours prior. You can have herbal tea and small amounts of water up to 2 hours before the ceremony. Have 3 litres of room temperature water ready, you will drink the water before and during the ceremony.
Prepare your intentions, why are you doing Kambo? Wear comfortable clothing, layers are best and remove tight or restrictive jewelry beforehand.
During: BREATH and focus on your intention is the best preparation for a Kambo ceremony. Breathe and invite the spirit of the Kambo medicine into you, exhale and surrender your ego, your weight, your toxicity. Breathe in and soften to the medicine, breathe out and let go. Continue to go back to your intention and be grateful for the healing that is taking place. The more you resist Kambo, the harder it can be, focus on surrender.
After: You will lie down and have a rest/sleep, you are still processing during this time. I will remain with you until you wake up. Have some soup, fruit or light food ready so you can eat it when you wake up. Plan to have a restful afternoon and evening following the session. Be gentle with yourself and honor everything that comes up. Do not consume any alcohol or recreational drugs for 24 hours following a Kambo session.
Whilst you will process during the session, this may continue over the hours, days, weeks and months following a Kambo session. As we release energies, we transform our internal and external lives. Be kind to yourself. Allow yourself to connect with the thoughts and feelings that wish to surface. All first time users will be tested for sensitivity before treatments. Your reaction along with the practitioners experience, intuition and connection with the spirit of the medicine will determine the eventual number of points you receive. There is no set number – everyone is treated individually.
Do not consume any alcohol or recreational drugs for 24 hours following a Kambo session.